The AEG Warranty
How to Register
To register for AEG Extended Warranty please follow these steps:
- If you have not already done so the first step is to create a Customer Account.
- After you have created your account we will send you an email to confirm and validate your email address.
- Once your account is validated you will be able to log into your account here and register your tools.
What Do You Need to Know About Your Warranty
- The warranty period for your AEG tool is 36 months from the date of purchase. To claim under this warranty, the date of purchase of the AEG tool must be documented by an invoice or other proof of purchase.
- The warranty period for battery packs and chargers is 12 months from the date of purchase. To claim under this warranty, the date of purchase must be documented by an invoice or other proof of purchase.
- The warranty period for chucks, collets and fixtec systems is 3 months from the date of purchase. To claim under this warranty, the date of purchase must be documented by an invoice or other proof of purchase.
Extended Warranty Period
- Accessories, generators, compressors and air tools are excluded from extended warranty periods.
- You may extend the warranty period for your AEG tool to 72 months from the date of purchase. You may extend the warranty period for your AEG battery and battery charger to 36 months from the date of purchase. To obtain the extended warranty, the registration process must be completed within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Chucks, collets and fixtec systems are excluded from extended warranty periods.
The Benefits of Product Registration
In the event that your Product may be faulty, AEG can better service your claims.
Extended Warranty Program
If you register your Product within 30 days of purchase you are eligible to extend* your warranty upon purchase verification.
*Excludes accessories, air tools, compressors, generators and apparel.
This allows us to contact you with important product notifications.
Confirmation of Ownership
This may provide you a record in case of product loss, fire or theft for insurance claims.
Improved Product Development
This may help us continue to improve and design products that meet your needs.
What Does My AEG Warranty and Extended Warranty Cover?
This Warranty Covers
- The Product only described against labour and faulty materials.
- The replacement of parts and the repair labour used, for the remainder of the warranty period.
This Warranty Does Not Cover
- If the Product casing or cover is opened by a person other than Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd, Techtronic Industries New Zealand or an AEG authorised service centre.
- If repairs are made or attempted by other than Techtronic Industries Pty Ltd, Techtronic Industries New Zealand or an AEG authorised service centre.
- Normal wear and tear. Parts such as carbon brushes, bearings, seals, o rings etc. must be regularly inspected so that the wear and tear on such parts do not lead to failure of the tool. For optimum performance the tool should be inspected regularly by an AEG authorised service centre.
- Abuse, misuse, the subject of an accident, being dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, improper maintenance, continued use after partial fail.
- Acts of God, vermin or foreign matter entering e.g. dirt and moisture. The tool should be regularly checked by an AEG authorised service centre if the tool is used near metal shavings.
- If the Product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, the subject of incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent supply, or used with inappropriate accessories.
- If the Product is tampered with any way or if the damage has been caused by any event of force majeure.
- If the Product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
- If the Product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
- To the repair or replacement of any consumables (including but not limited to grinding discs and saw blades) relating to the Product.
To the extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010( Cth) or New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act 1993), in no event shall Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd, Techtronic Industries New Zealand, or any affiliates, be liable for consequential, incidental or indirect damages or other losses or expenses incurred by reason of use or sale of product.
How Do You Make a Claim Under Warranty
In the event that your Product may be faulty, please visit your nearest AEG authorised service centre so a qualified technician can diagnose any issues and make warranty repairs, if necessary.
For service in Australia, the customer should contact the Australian Customer Service line on 1300 361 505 to obtain the nearest authorised service centre.
For service in New Zealand, the customer should contact the New Zealand hotline Application on 0800 279 624 to obtain the nearest authorised service centre.
Return to an Authorised Service Centre
You may return the Product to an AEG authorised service centre. You are responsible at all times for freight costs and insurance costs if the Product is to be returned for repair/inspection to an AEG authorised service centre. A Product covered by this warranty will be repaired during normal business hours by an AEG authorised service centre without cost to you. You must present the invoice or other proof of purchase to the AEG authorised service centre.
Return to the Retailer
You may also return the Product to the place of purchase to claim under this Warranty. The retailer can dispatch your Product to the nearest AEG authorised service centre without cost to you, or you may return the Product to an AEG authorised service centre.
This warranty is in addition to all other rights and remedies you have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantee Act 1993 and any other laws in relation to the Products. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.